SNP Participates in Pira/TAPPI Specialty Papers Conference
As a sign of our commitment to expanding the capabilities for paper in a market requiring ever more specialized grades, SNP participated in the Pira/TAPPI Specialty Papers Conference in September. Key topics of discussion at the Conference were:
- The continuing transition of the paper industry away from printing and writing papers to specialty papers and packaging. Most of the new capacity is coming on outside North America.
- Innovation is the life blood of the industry moving forward. To foster that, it’s important to recruit people with new and different perspectives; creativity that will have a new vision for the possibilities with paper.
- The needs of the coming generation of consumers (social media communication, emphasis on “newness,” evolution of the term “brand,” etc.) must move to the forefront of the industry’s thought process. For those who grew up reading from electronics, the look and feel of specialty papers is unique.
- The program contained presentations on the innovations below:
- Sustainable packaging
- Luxury packaging
- Paper with new properties; tactile, colors, structures, and hues
- Printed electronics as part of near field communication packaging
- Thermal printing paper’s increased capabilities
- Highly extensible paper/paperboard for 3-dimensional structures
- New process technologies that broaden the scope of specialty papers
SNP’s mission in the paper industry is to work with producers to create custom solutions to specialized needs. Our product line fits well with many different grades of specialty paper and paperboard. Please contact us so that we show you how our answers fit with your questions.« Back to All Press