Standard Sodium Alginates
SNP offers different sodium alginate products depending on viscosity range, which fit into a variety of applications. We will consider the desired properties, along with the economics, to determine which series and/or viscosity range would be able to best suit your needs.
C-Series – Sodium Alginate
The C series are sodium alginate products for use in papermaking, paper coatings, textiles, printing and certain specialty industries. The C-Series consist of S-15-C, S-50-C, S-160-C, S-500-C, and S-1300- C. They range in viscosity from 10 to 900 cps in a 1% solution.
Applications for the C-Series
- Provide excellent water retention
- Reduced porosity for release grades
- Improved binder flexibility
- Improved pigment dispersion
- Increased coating thixotropy
- Both high resolution and high quality fine line printing